Aritan: The Imperial Age.
The Jarls of Jarlsgard and Brynland's many Thegndoms
The many lords who routinely take part in the thrilling and loud excitement of Brynland's government, or have otherwise been encountered.
Most prominent Figures
- Hylda Lornasdottir of Vulf: Hylda Vulfe
- Erlanda Collsdottir of Eilert: A jarl from mountainous lands with a secretive agenda, and unscrupulous military tactics.
- Ivo Eslbethson Eadgyd:Ivo Eadgyd
- Ulfrik Henricson the Seabeard:Ulfrick Henrikson Seabeard the Red
- Filipos Nikara:Filipos Nikarra
- Baevan Ghainason of Redstag:Baevan Rödstag
- Paeder Alfrikson of Aksel:Paedar Aksel is an elderly jarl who pretty much resides at Jarlsgard so that he may vote on issues. He dislikes war and works to the best of his abilities to keep Brynland at peace. He is concerned primarily for the safety and well being of the people, and is not above military action when it is performed in service of these ideals. However, it is cucially important to him that he truly believes in whatever cause someone argues war as the solution for.
Paedar is generally a friendly man, very willing to talk of the beauty of nature, and the stories of his youth. He has two sons, one daugher, and three grandsons and granddaughters.
His children are:Torwynna Paerdarsdottir Aksel Torcul Paedarson Aksel Dougall Paedarson Aksel
Their children are:Alasdair Torwynnason Aksel Beitris Torwynnasdottir Aksel Domnal Torculson Aksel
Other Jarls of Note
- Rainulf of Rokscrick: Met at Jarlsgard. Is in minor disagreement with an imperial church on his lands as to the rights of development of lands owned by said church. The moot gave him permission to develop them as he saw fit.
- Beija of Hvittcrag: Met in Jarlsgard. Was in some dispute with Jarl Rormir over the usage of an “abandoned” imperial church bordering both their territories. ultimately they compromised, Beija taking a smaller more rocky region of the territory.
- Rormir of Gronacrag: Met in Jarlsgard. Was in some dispute with Jarl Beija over the usage of an “abandoned” imperial church bordering both their teritories. Ultimately they compromised, Rormir taking a larger more forested region of the territory.
- Steffen Olafson of Gronkyst: Met in Jarlsgard. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. A very polite man. Very good at communication. Favors the unusual image of a beaver, often on a log, against a yellow background.
- Gudrun Vanersdottir of Sydhill: Met in Jarlsgard. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. A somewhat irritable Jarl who gets annoyed very easily. Favors the image of a serpent entwining a tree on a green field.
- Kristoffer of Sten: Met in Jarlsgard. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. A somewhat quiet and stern faced Jarl. Favors images of bears in battle on a red field when he flies a flag.
- Henrik Kjerllson of Bergdale: Met in Jarlsgard. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. A very honorable and goodnatured Man, he does not have the most polite interactions with imperials. He favors a Black Owl as a symbol.
- Marik Bjarnson of Dryftmarc: Met in Costwold at the feast. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. A somewhat unctuous figure, not the lord of Dryftmark, but might as well be for how much of it he seems to own. Uses, as his sigil, 9 knots bound together by twisting lines.
- Valter Larson of Skovkyst:Deceased Met in Jarlsgard. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. A boysterous, and extremely honor and oath driven Jarl. Sent one of the largest forces to take part in the campaign against whiteaxe. Has a lasting emnity with Jarl Freyjanna Bjarnsdottir over actions taken during the imperial invasion. Favors, for his sigil, a pair of falcons encircling each other.
- Freyjanna Bjarnsdottir of Arillagh: Met in Jarlsgard. Took part in the campaign against Whitaxe. An extremely loyal and patriotic Jarl. She has a lasting emnity with Jarl Valter Larson over actions taken during the imperial invasion. Sent one of the largest forces to assist in the war against whiteaxe. Favors the image of a golden elk upon a hill against a blue field.
- Gwenith Ragnarsdottir of Vintervakt: Met at feast in Costwold. assisted in war against whiteaxe. The third child of the lord Ragnar of Aldrigvinder, Gwenith is Jarl and Thegn of an island to the north east that guards the route to Aldrigvinder by sea. She is somewhat terse and glowery, possibly due to the barren and cold nature of her home. Uses an image of a grey stone tower against a night sky scattered with snow as her sigil.
Imperials granted Jarldom
- Livia Verides: Met at jarlsgard. Once a suggested spouse for Marcus. Suggested by other people who were very sorry, i’m sure. Very young for the position, an imperial captain who distinguished herself during the red moot rebellion and was granted conquered land. Somewhat quick tempered, fairly military minded, and distinctly ambitious. The last she was communicated with was before the campaign against Whiteaxe, where she had a mysterious hooded figure whispering in her ear. Has taken a sigil in the Brynland fashion, an imperial lioness over an ancient tree.
- Nikolaus Phaedrus: Met at Jarlsgard. Active in the defense of the eastern border against frozen Valgresian incursions. An imperial Commander granted land after the invasion. Phaedrus is very very pragmatic, and sees brynland as an imperial province worthy of all the same defense and stability of any other. Volunteered to defend the border against angry Valgresian neighbors to reinforce this idea.
- Tarquinnia Kleonus: Met at Jarlsgard. Somehwat out of place. A rich imperial noble from an influential line, pulled some strings to acquire land in newly conquered brynland to spend her retirement amid the rustic beauty of the countryside. Departed from the capital amid some scandal directly before an important vote relating to the rights of non land owning imperials and the church.
- Kyros Artemos: Met at Jarlsgard. An imperial lord of some manners, he has sought imperial and church approval to begin the construction of the first cathedral of Brynland. Through general apathy, this was approved, and is likely under way somewhere.